Saxophone Forum

by kam30
(9 posts)
19 years ago

Buescher true tone sax

I have a Buescher True-tone, low pitch soprano saxophone with a sn of 226xxx. Does anyone know what year this may be?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by phathorn
    (165 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Buescher true tone sax

according to the chart @ saxgourmet, 1925 or shortly thereafter....if you want to give it away I'll pay shipping=)

Reply To Post

1. by kneejerk52
      (397 posts)

19 years ago

hey phat you're a riot i heard similar from somebody years ago i took what i now know is a stencil of a 20's tru tone to a shop, the guy says, it's not worth fixing, but ill buy it from you. ha ha hey kam sounds like you have a nice one, good luck

Reply To Post

2. by kam30
    (9 posts)

19 years ago

Hey phathorn, you're pretty funny. But I think I'll hang onto this one awhile.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

One of the repair techs I used to have work on my horns is a die-hard Selmer fan. Anything other than a Selmer "Isn't worth fixing" in his opinion. I still stop in there once in a while, because he does carry a lot of accessories and sells them pretty cheap. I took my King Super 20 tenor in there the other day. This horn is so perfect, I don't gig with it. I've used it in the studio a few times. I asked him if it was something he might be interested in buying, since he supposedly buys used horns. He said that the Kings really aren't worth a lot of money, even as nice as mine was, nobody really wants a King. Really??? He offered me $200 for it! I wouldn't sell it for $4000! I was a little pissed and told him that I knew it was worth about 20 times that much, and that personally I'd take this Super 20 over a vintage Selmer Mk VI any day, and I own a Mk VI! We exchanged a few words about Selmer and he all but threw me out of his store! I don't think I'll be back no matter how bad I need something from him.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

Jim, now that is the worst tech I've ever heard of there! 200$ for a Super 20?!?!?! Even in piss poor condition you can get about 800 bucks for one!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by kam30
          (9 posts)

19 years ago

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what a 1925 buescher true-tone low pitch soprano sax is worth.

Reply To Post

2. by phathorn
          (165 posts)

19 years ago

Ahhhh, the Selmer snob.....gotta love em...

Reply To Post

3. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

What is a 1925 buescher true-tone low pitch soprano sax is worth? Nothing, but if you want to send it to me, I'll pay shipping and handling! sorry, I had to say that! In good condition, they're bringing $900- $1100. A repairable horn (no dings, dents, missing parts, just needing a clean-up, pads, corks, etc.) is worth $250-$500, depending on condition.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

4. by kam30
          (9 posts)

19 years ago

Ha Ha, very funny. I'm not going to send it to you, but thanks for the offer. Thanks for the info.

Reply To Post