Saxophone Forum

by jazzdude482
(38 posts)
19 years ago

jazz sound on a budget

Can anyone tell me what kind of mouthpeices, ligatures and reeds I need to get that jazzy sound that's less than $200.....I currently use a Slemer C* mouthpeice, vandoren 3 1/2, and the plain ol' metal ligature if it helps

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jazzdude482
    (38 posts)

19 years ago

Re: jazz sound on a budget

i play a tenor sax by the way

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Try a hard rubber meyer, about $60

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

This is what you need right here! www.giardinelli.com/srs7/g=woodwind/search/bigpid/base_id/98304 only try a little softer reed with it; like a 2 1/2 Vanduren Java

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by jazzdude482
          (38 posts)

19 years ago

unfortunately i dont have a credit card to buy it online but thanks anyway... I'll try to look for it

Reply To Post

2. by jazzdude482
          (38 posts)

19 years ago

when i was putting my cheap ligature on my mp the thing just broke and well which lig should i get to help my jazz sound

Reply To Post

2. by *ThE SaX*
        (8 posts)

19 years ago

It all depends on what kind of sound you want. I play a Premiere (By Hite) mouthpiece ($30), a Rovner Dark lig ($15-25, depends on the size of the sax), VanDoren Java 3 reeds and I play a Selmer USA student model sax, yet I can get a great full jazz sound out of my (mediocre) instrument. Sometimes it's not your equipment (though noone ever got scolded for that Otto Link they just bought), but your experiance and know-how.

Reply To Post