Saxophone Forum

by Lampman
(3 posts)
19 years ago

My Conn Wonder ser.11349

Is this 1906 Conn Wonder? serial 11349 worth much or real rare. It is in real nice shape, maybe relacqured...don't know for sure. I want to sell it and need to know values. Also a Conn silver Microtuner neck off a M211269 Alto in real nice shape. Needs the pad and cork only. Cleaned and not polished. Fully dissambled and ready to sell. Values of it?? Thank you, Jake Ruth

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: My Conn Wonder ser.11349

Does the 1906 Conn have the union label stamp? With a union lable stamp, since this saxophone was made before the sale of Conn to Carl Dimond Greenleaf, it would be quite valuable to a collector. It's worth more as a collector's piece rather than a playable saxophone. This is not a horn that you would want to play, obviously. It would be worth more if it were all original. It shouldn't be lacquered. It should either be nickel or silver plated, or possibly bare brass. Without seeing it, I can only tell you that if it is original and in good condition (no dings or dents) it's worth $1000-$1200. If it has been lacquered, or has any damage or additional markings (where someone engraved their name, etc.) it would be worth considerably less ($50-$500) As for the neck, I would suggest offering it on ebay, starting the bid at $50 and go from there. I'm sure there are a few people looking for a microtuner neck for a Chu or a New Wonder Series I. I saw a Microtuner neck for a 6M (underslung) sell for $276.00

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Lampman
      (3 posts)

19 years ago

Re: My Conn Wonder ser.11349

Thanks Jim, It was lacqured and has no union stamp...oh well. I make awesome Lamps and make sure nothing is good before I lamp it. www.geocities.com/ilumnatunes thanx again, Jake

Reply To Post