Saxophone Forum

by SaxMan88
(318 posts)
19 years ago

Howdy

I'm a seasoned alto, tenor, and bari sax player. Been truckin along on the clarinet too. Looking to get a soprano some day soon. This year I was appointed second chair tenor in Jazz and Wind Ensemble, so I no longer play alto with a band. I play second chair bari in regular band (which is soo boring). But I do keep up on the alto. Director might let me come in and do a special alto solo or sumtin. We'll see. Current venture at this point is to get me a new tenor. My sights are dead set on a Selmer LaVoix of WWBW for $1,449. Of course a metal Otto Link and a few other odds and ends to go along, but ya kno. That'll be a blast. Happy saxophoning!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan88
    (318 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Howdy

An update, although it seems some might care less. I am not getting a metal mouthpiece, for my director thinks I'm not ready for it. I'll take his advice and get one down the road. I should have my LaVoix within two weeks (I hope). Still waiting for the tax refund, but it only takes WWBW 10 days to ship a horn, so as soon as I get the check the money will be sent, cleared, then shipped. Not much longer. But it won't be soon enough for me. Take care and happy saxophoning!

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

19 years ago

Hello, and welcome Saxman88. Glad to hear about your recent acquisition. I know you'll be thrilled, as I am when I get a new goody. Cheers. Mike

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan88
        (318 posts)

19 years ago

Another update. A month plus later I finally got my horn. Boy she is a beauty!!! If ya want more details just holler!

Reply To Post