Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
19 years ago

Graduation opinion guys..

ok.. i still have a year to go but i want to start thinkn about it now.. i am a junior in highschool.. have a sister who is a freshman in college.. when she graduated my parents bought her a $2,000 TAG watch.. as a graduation present..and have sed they will do the same for me.. my question is.. i dont really want a watch.. ive been looking into investing in a vintage horn that i can actually play and is better than my yani-901.. cuz i am playing in college n it will be my major.. jazz performance.. or maybe somthin else who knows.. but what vintage horn, if there is any, that is a niiiccee horn for around 2grand.. if not what are some ballpark prices for the top dogs of the vintage horn world..

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by clarinet1st
    (11 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Graduation opinion guys..

Do a little free research. Create a couple "favorite searches" on e-Bay. It is a great way to see what horns are out there, and what they are seeling for. It's a lot of fun, too. Good luck!

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Graduation opinion guys..

I've seen some nice Conn 10M's for around $2000. that would be my first choice. You can get a King Zephyr for around $2000 or a Buescher 400. You might find a Martin Committee for around $2000. A Selmer SBA will probably run you about $2600 or more, and a Mk VI $3600 or more.

Reply To Post Yahoo!