Saxophone Forum

by yamahaplayer
(6 posts)
19 years ago

New alto mouthpiece!! HELP

Here is my setting Yamaha 62-II silver plated Alto Morgan 5L I think Morgan is just a great mpc for standard jazz or concert bands. But i want more of a shining and bright sound like Dave Koz or David Sanborn. Great volume, bright and rich sound. I was thinking of Beechler Metal, Dukoff Metal, and Vandoren Jumbo Java. Any SUGGESTIONS?? I realli need to find a new mpc for me.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

19 years ago

Re: New alto mouthpiece!! HELP

i see a sound studio, overrated sound crew, and sound enhancing software in your near future.. why would u want tone like them?? blahh

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

Beechler (hard rubber) diamond inlay 6S6 Vandoren Jumbo Java 55 Dukoff D6 silverite (But the Dukoff silverite pieces are made very inconsistently and could require refacing to play properly) If you're used to hard rubber, I recommend sticking with hard rubber. The fit of the mouthpiece to your embouchre will be more familiar than with metal mouthpieces which, for the most part, are smaller and require a somewhat different embouchre. One mouthpiece I am really happy with is the Selmer Metal Jazz on alto (they're not for me on tenor, though). I have a C* facing which has a nice brightness to it without being harsh - easy to play but projects far more than the same facing on an S80, for example. It's more closed than the ones I listed above, so it's a good halfway point between a legit mouthpiece and a screaming Jumbo Java. The good thing about these is that you could use the same reeds you're currently using on your Morgan to good avail. SMJ doesn't take you into Sanborn territory, though.

Reply To Post

1. by yamahaplayer
      (6 posts)

19 years ago

thanx a lot sir :)

Reply To Post