Saxophone Forum

by jbroad572
(46 posts)
19 years ago

Can't hit notes with palm keys and few other problems

I just got my soprano and I amh aving trouble using the palm keys. Also I am warbling my lower register, also when going up and down scales When I play low e, middle e comes out. Argh!!! I have similar problems with my tenor as well, so that must mean it's me. I just started playing again, but remember having this problem awhile back. Something I did notice is that my embouchore changes and tightens when trying to go high and even when playing low. It's been awhile so maybe my emb. needs to tighten, but even when I was playing on a regular basis I remember the palm keys always had difficulty coming out. Any suggestions? On my sop. I'm playing with a 2.5.... should I go to a 2? On my tenor I use a 2.5 as well.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jbroad572
    (46 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Can't hit notes with palm keys and few other problems

practice, practice, practice! I read and applied information from Larry Teal :). It's getting a little better. Still having problem with my 'G' warbling or motorboating... whatever you want to call it. I'm hoping to pick up another mpc for my soprano.

Reply To Post

1. by jbroad572
      (46 posts)

19 years ago

although still can't hit the palm keys on my soprano unless making major emb. change.

Reply To Post

1. by sax_braswell
        (22 posts)

19 years ago

Soprano requires a much different emb. than tenor. Keep working at it and you will get it. Practice slowly holding long tomes from high C to C# to D ect. until you can get all the way up to F. Once you can do that then try changing from lower notes to the higher notes. Bbest of luck.

Reply To Post