Saxophone Forum

by bigsaxy04
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Segal Soprano Saxes

Is a Segal soprano saxophone any good or is it another cheap sax like a chiny horn?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by gKahn
    (2 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Segal Soprano Saxes

A colleague of mine has a Sugal soprano, and it seems to be worth every penny one pays for it! The worksmanship is first class, and the sound is -- IMHO -- pretty durn good! I have an Otto Link 5* mp with 2.5 Hemke reeds. It's a tough call to buy a $6-700 vintage off eBay and put a lot of money into it, or buy a mid-range (this, or Antigua, or LA Sax and or similar stencil) that's ready to play -- with Warrantee, or buy that top-shelf Yani or Selmer or even Yamaha. *I* view the Sugal and Antigua soprano as the top of this market. Best advice is to find someone who owns one, and try it! Best wishes!

Reply To Post

1. by bigsaxy04
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks for the help. Now I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the sax, any answers on that?

Reply To Post

1. by gKahn
        (2 posts)

19 years ago

I believe Mr. Sugal has an eMail address of [email protected] . When researching instruments for a purchase, I had a querey re his horns, and he answered it very quickly! I understand he purveys them on eBay -- at least that's one area. I'd suggest you try contacting Mr. Sugal, and see what happens. Once again, my very best wishes -- let us all in his forum know how you "make out"! Thanks! g:-)>

Reply To Post