Saxophone Forum

by PREACHUR99
(1 post)
19 years ago

HELP!! WHO CAN TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS SAX?

I CAME ACROSS MY LATE UNCLES TENOR SAX FROM ABOUT 60-70 YEARS AGO.I CAN'T FIND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT IT?ITS IN GREAT SHAPE AND THE READING ON IT SAYS...PREMIATA FABRICA P.PUPESCHI&F ISTR.MUSICA FIRENZE NO.1371

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: HELP!! WHO CAN TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS SAX?

Well its italian made Dave

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

It could possibly be a Borgani stencil? Hard to say, I'm not too familiar with the Italian brands. I played a Borgani alto for a while. Great horn!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

19 years ago

I searched high and low (as I'm sure Jim did) and can't find a thing concerning this maker/address. It could be a Borgani, a R&C, an Orsi or one of the dozen or so other small, Italian makers operating through the 20C. If you think France had a lot of small, woodwind companies, take a look at Italy. Although I am reluctant to make a sweeping statement, I think that it is fair to say that, other than the latest pro offerings of R&C and Borgani, Italian saxophones are not highly regarded or well documented. This may have as much to do with the lack of world distribution and advertising as the actual qualities or lack there of concerning the quality, design, craftsmenship etc. I regret that I am unable to be of any further help, and will be the first to admit that Italian horns are not my specialty.

Reply To Post