Saxophone Forum

by invocansax
(27 posts)
19 years ago

wood mouthpieces?

has anyone played on these? i play on a vandoren hard rubber java, so whats the feel of the mpc...ive been told its like playing a clarinet in terms of feel. i know joe lovano uses one with his borgani horn...and he sounds good, but then again hes joe lovano...hehe!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by rockhard
    (13 posts)

19 years ago

Re: wood mouthpieces?

Never tried one myself, but I have a couple of friends playing on Pomarico wood mouthpieces and they're very satisfied. Norwegian jazz saxophonist Petter Wettre plays on Pomarico wood...

Reply To Post

1. by invocansax
      (27 posts)

19 years ago

i was intrigued by those...was checking adam pieronczyk's website and he plays on pomarico mpcs. id love to get one...if ill base it on what i hear with joe lovano and adam pieronczyk, it sounds very warm with a very focused tone..for someone like me whos still at 28 trying to find his "voice" , i woudnt mind getting one...thanks! question is..the price! :)

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

They're very warm and mellow. The wood absorbs a lot of the overtones, and yes, they do sound more like a clarinet. They're great if you play Glenn Miller stuff, or anything where you want a silky smooth tone. They are somewhat fragile though. I have a Pomarico for alto that's pretty cool.

Reply To Post Yahoo!