Saxophone Forum

by KKpsiguy6
(1 post)
19 years ago

Does anyone ever use Effects?

I am in a Fusion Group where everyone in the group is electric but me, so We have stolen the Idea from others before us and decided to use an effects Processor while I play... But my question is what is a good one that we should use that will offer multi-effects as well as not sound like trash? I am also interested in finding one that could sample and loop sound. Which should I get does anyone have an opinion, or a preference? Thanks in Advance!! Al "The Fly" -Kappa Kappa Psi {Spr. 03} AEA - ITB

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Does anyone ever use Effects?

I used a boss GT6 in a fusion band while i was in school, give that a shot. Make sure you have a good mike to though!(preferably a clip on)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I play through an Alesis Midiverb, which is a fairly inexpensive effects processor. I add just a touch of reverb, and occasionally delay. On some songs, delay really sounds great, but on others, it tends to slur everything together. Effects are like perfume....a little smells great.....but don't bathe in it!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Of course that depends on the perfume too! Use effects sparingly I like the convenience of a clip-on cordless mic, but I don't think they sound as good as a Shure Beta 58A for example, which is the mic I use on stage. In the rare chance that I get to take my horn out in the audience and dance on tables and make a fool out of my self, I use a Sennheiser cordless clip mic.

Reply To Post Yahoo!