Saxophone Forum

by markalan
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Yani bronze alto

Has anyone played one of the bronze Yani altos? If so, what is your opinion? What set-up do you like with it?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by The_MarkVI
    (80 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Yani bronze alto

I've played one at a convension and only one word can describe it.... DARK. It is only for the PURE classical player. When i tried it, i didnt want my jody jazz concert mouthpiece stolen, so i used a ordinary selmer C*

Reply To Post

1. by markalan
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

MarkVI, thanks for the post. DARK....is good, to my taste. Do you have any other remarks about the quality of the sound? I saw a write-up on somebody's (forgot who's) website claiming a likeness to vintage sax sound. My mom (wise lady) taught me long ago to be skeptical of claims made by folks who are trying to sell you something. I wonder what you or others might have to say about that.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

19 years ago

here is a review of the Bronze 992 Alto: www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Buying/Yanagisawa_992_alto.htm personally, I find all Yanagisawas very responsive and tonally neutral. Some say they lack "character", others say they let you add their own. I play an old 880 for Concert and Classical and it doesn't get much better.

Reply To Post

2. by Cannon
      (23 posts)

19 years ago

Can someone explain the difference different building materials like copper and sterling silver affect the sound?

Reply To Post

1. by stray dog
        (16 posts)

19 years ago

Played one Sunday, selmer Larry Teal, Rovner dark, van doren 2 1/2, most beautiful sound I have ever made. Gave me chills up my spine and brought tears to my eyes. I want one!

Reply To Post