Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
19 years ago

Universal Method : Paul Deville

anyone workin from this book or know anything good about it? i just bought it today for my private lessons. well be workn outta that book for my remaining time in highschool i believe. looks like a lot of good stuff in there. opinions?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by rsclosson
    (9 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Universal Method : Paul Deville

I used it years ago and taught from it. Excellent fundamentals. If they have it, get the lesson plan booklet that outlines a good progression of the excercises by key.

Reply To Post

2. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

19 years ago

Although this is one of the older method books still in use (first published in 1908), it is still an excellent source of technique building exercises, that will upon completion, go a long way towards mastering intervals, trills, scales etc. Zero in the way of Jazz/Blues scales, theory etc. but it will get your fingers moving!

Reply To Post

3. by musickman
    (10 posts)

19 years ago

Are you talking about the big blue cover book that is about as thick as a metro phone book? That's a really good method book. I've used it for years, and it's really helped me with my technique.

Reply To Post

4. by dfwsaxdude
    (8 posts)

19 years ago

Awesome book! I enocurage all my advanced students to buy it. Great technique developer and a great investment!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by SaxAppeal
      (67 posts)

19 years ago

i have it

Reply To Post