Saxophone Forum

by SteakNShakeJake
(5 posts)
8 years ago

Selmer Mark VI Soprano C# Mechanism

I just recently purchased a very nice Selmer Mark VI soprano (141,xxx, for those interested). As I have been practicing on the horn and getting to know how it plays, I have noticed that I have been having some "blips" in my sound while playing fast passages across the middle C#/middle D break. I normally don't have much inconsistency in sound across that break, even on a Series II soprano I once owned. I notice that if I have the bottom stack depressed even the slightest bit, it engages the C# closing vent mechanism, which noticeably flattens the pitch. 

Has anyone had any success with having a repair technician set up this mechanism so that the chances of sound inconsistency are reduced when going across the break?

I completely understand that this could just be a "player problem" and is something I will have to practice and overcome (which I will! Regardless of possible repair solutions). I just figured it would be worth throwing out there to see about other's opinions and experiences. 

Thank you for any advice or help that you're able to offer! 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!