Saxophone Forum

by baolong
(3 posts)
19 years ago

SML

i got 1 SMLalto sax it got seri is 141... but it dont have markVI on that ,anyonce have anyknow about that can tell me ? thank you .

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: SML

Its not going to say Mark, VI, thats right. Mark VI is a model by Selmer, and SML is a totally different brand, and the horns are killer. If that horn you have is in good playing condition, you have a nice horn! congrats!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by baolong
      (3 posts)

19 years ago

thank you very much for your reply. im sorry for the SML . i mean selmer alto sax .do you know anything about that model?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

If you study Selmer Mark Vis, there are 4 distinctly different runs, and with a serial number of 141xxx it would be in the second run, and a pretty good horn(the later runs were different horns, and quite different, and most people believe them to not be as good, as Selmer just was using a successful name on another model then). What other engravings are on the horn?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by baolong
          (3 posts)

19 years ago

thank you.my name bao long. i play sax for more than 10 years. i live in viet nam .nice to know you. hope to got chance to talk about sax more.

Reply To Post