Saxophone Forum

by Icarusascending
(1 post)
8 years ago

Stolen horns

Greetings saxophone multiverse,

New to the forum, wish it were under happier circumstances.  I had my tenor and alto pilfered from my vehicle early yesterday morning, and I was told I could post some details on here to see if it might help track them down.  These are very sentimental instruments to me - the tenor was my father's and I have been playing it ever since he passed away almost a decade ago before I could legally have a beer with him at a bar, and the alto I had been playing on since middle school.  I've filed a police report and have called local music stores, will be checking pawn shops in person with case report in-hand, and will probably be expanding my search outside of my immediate area (Des Moines) to include Omaha and Kansas City.  If anyone has any advice or suggestions beyond this, I would greatly appreciative.

Location of theft: Des Moines, IA
Time: Monday, Sept 19, 2016; between 12 am and 6 am

Tenor - Keilwerth SX90R, black - #114594
Alto - Selmer SA 80 Series II - #401062

Mouthpieces (not holding my breath for these :( )
Tenor - Meyer, unknown number, Tenney-modified; Otto Link Tone Edge, metal
Alto - Meyer 7M, Tenney-modified; C-star, unknown

Thanks in advance for any help!

Robert Espe

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by JonHuff
    (117 posts)

8 years ago

Re: Stolen horns

Sorry to hear about this. We at Saxquest will keep an eye out for them. Good luck.

Reply To Post

2. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

8 years ago

Re: Stolen horns

Hi Robert-

So sorry to hear this. Also check with Rieman's Music and the other DesMoines shops. You should also contact Randy at Tenor Madness. Tenor Madness is a nationally known pro sax shop in Waterloo, IA and they deal with a lot of players in the DesMoines area. You may also want to reach out to Jim Romain, sax professor at Drake. He deals a bit in vintage saxophones and usually has his ear to the ground about professional saxophones being sold in the area. All of these people are completely trust worthy and would be glad to hear from you in order to possibly help recover your saxes. 

Best st of Luck!!

Mark Overton
    saxquest.com 

Reply To Post