Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
19 years ago

Adjudication..

alright.. bout 2 weeks to the HIGHLY anticipated adjudication of the year.. we go every year but this year were expected to do very, very well if we fall into the pocket.. cuz well either fall into the pocket, or just die on stage.. we know what the judges like, dont like, and everything.. concert band were playing 3 songs.. opener(has to be less than grade 3 piece)- Follow the River 2nd- 1st Suite in Eb all 3 movements.. close - for the fallen.. i think.. not sure.. JAZZ: you are required to play 3 songs.. 1 warmup.. the warmup isnt supposed to be judged..but my teacher has found a loop hole.. were playing 2 classics and a ballad.. and we dont want to do a ballad as our opener.. so hes putting the ballad 2nd in our playlist, but calling it our warmup.. so the judges will subconciously be judging us on the song.. opening with a latin samba feel of All The Things You Are 2nd - After Youve Gone.. swing tune, slow.. beautiful.. and an arrangement of Yardbird Suite.. all 3 of those songs are a grade 4 i believe.. im really excited about this.. what im worried about tho, are there any things I can do at home to kinda "tune up" my sax to get it in pristine playing shape before adjudication?? i know my sax teacher would be willing to help me with it free of charge.. but i wanna make sure its in good playing condition.. i already have 2 reeds that ive played like, 2x each, but aside to use for adjudication.. 1 for concert band and 1 for jazz.. they are both the same brand, style and size, but one has a lil bit more wood to it and gives me a thick ass dark tone so im using that for concert band.. and the other one has very little wood to it and helps me get my jazzier sound so obviously thats my jazz one.. the reason i picked 2 reeds is cuz after playing the 1st suite and the other 2 tunes, my reed will be dead, as well as my mouth.. so i want another reed, and a softer one..

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!