Saxophone Forum

by Island991
(22 posts)
19 years ago

Runyon Tenor Mpc

anyone got any thoughts on a runyon 88 tenor sax mpc? friend is selling his. also any advice on ligs that might suit?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxy1
    (6 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Runyon Tenor Mpc

Hey Island911...that Runyon 88 mouthpiece will be a joy to you if you are playing classical, concert band or jazz ensemble music. I have a Runyon 88 5* and I have played it for over 25 years. For the rock music I prefer my Dukoff D8, and for stage band and dixie music I use a Runyon Custom with the spoiler. If you are looking for a ligature that will fit well, play great and last for years, a Rovner clarinet size ligature will fit the tenor 88 mouthpiece. If the price is right on the piece, don't let it go. Just make sure that there are no chips in the rails. Good luck with the mouthpiece. If you are looking for a good alternative to that 88, you can pick up a Runyon Custom with spoiler for $107 including shipping direct from Runyon, or you may get it a little cheaper from a big distributor. Anyway, you can't go wrong with a Runyon. Let me know how you make out.

Reply To Post

2. by saxy1
    (6 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Runyon Tenor Mpc

Hey Island911...that Runyon 88 mouthpiece will be a joy to you if you are playing classical, concert band or jazz ensemble music. I have a Runyon 88 5* and I have played it for over 25 years. For the rock music I prefer my Dukoff D8, and for stage band and dixie music I use a Runyon Custom with the spoiler. If you are looking for a ligature that will fit well, play great and last for years, a Rovner clarinet size ligature will fit the tenor 88 mouthpiece. If the price is right on the piece, don't let it go. Just make sure that there are no chips in the rails. Good luck with the mouthpiece. If you are looking for a good alternative to that 88, you can pick up a Runyon Custom with spoiler for $107 including shipping direct from Runyon, or you may get it a little cheaper from a big distributor. Anyway, you can't go wrong with a Runyon. Let me know how you make out.

Reply To Post