Saxophone Forum

by Innue
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Is this a good buy???

I found a conn soprano saxaphone for 600. It is a 94 m conn international Bb soprano saxophone. is thsi any good??

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Is this a good buy???

I thought the 94m was an alto but i am most probably wrong. I think they were made by keilwerth h-couf superba so are good horns as for the price i only really know vintage horns. The model you are talking about would be around 1980-85 era. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Dave, you are correct! There was a Conn 94M alto introduced around 1980, But they also introduced a 94M soprano a couple years ago. This horn is only a couple years old, and new they sell for around $1400. I THINK they are made by Jupiter, but I'm really not sure. They are a pretty good soprano though, and for $600, I think it would be a very good buy.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Innue
        (4 posts)

19 years ago

hee hee hee... Nevermind my post. I got a LA Soprano Sax for $399. I really like LA but that might just be me. I own a black and gold LA Alto and I love it. It is a lot different from the other altos but it plays wonderfully. It could be due to my interesting combo of mouthpeice and stuff. I have a metal moutpiece (7 star) and a inverted liguature. I usually play on 2 and a half rico royals or vandoren. Vandoren becuase they break in so easily and rico last longer for me. But thanks for the input.

Reply To Post