Saxophone Forum

by Jim Keith
(20 posts)
19 years ago

New to metal mouthpieces

I have a new otto link *7 mouthpiece... i love it but switching from my hard rubber mouthpiece(which sux) i squeek alot and would love to know how i could get my mouth back to how it was

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxman_51
    (18 posts)

19 years ago

Re: New to metal mouthpieces

hey Jim, i recently got a otto link 5* tenor mouthpiece and at first it was hard getting use to it but, the only advice i can give to you is to keep on practicing on the otto link and leave the rubber mouthpiece alone until you get use to the otto link because believe it or not the otto link will improve your tone on your saxophone and will make playing the other mouthpiece easy and will allow you to control the way you play better. So dont give up and keep on practicing with the Otto Link.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

You might try a softer reed too. Depending on what reed you are using, the Otto Link 7 is a pretty open piece. Try a #2 reed and see how it works for you, and like Saxman said, just practice until you are comfortable with it. It might take a few weeks to get used to the Otto Link, but they are a great mouthpiece for tenor. I use a Link also.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Jim Keith
        (20 posts)

19 years ago

thanks for the input tried a lavoz medium soft and it works much better than VANDOREN(they suk) just gotta move up a size they r TOO soft

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM