Saxophone Forum

by shobud77
(4 posts)
19 years ago

1933-34 conn tenor

Sorry, I previously ststed my sax as a 1939, but when I checked the serial number it seems to be a 1933-34, the serial number is , x257626 l or r

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: 1933-34 conn tenor

A serial number of 257626 would indicate that this horn was built in 1933 www.drrick.com/conn.html This would be a transitional model tenor, most likely an early 10M. Does this tenor have both the B and Bb keys on the same side of the bell or on opposite sides? What is the engraving on the bell? Lacquered, gold or silver? Does the horn have a Nail file (cross hatched) G# key? It's probably more like a 10M than a Chu Berry (New Wonder Series II) but may have characteristics of both horns.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by shobud77
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

The markings I find on it are: C.G.Conn Ltd. with :Elkhart Ind-USA on one side and what appears to be: "maybedy" on the other side, this is located on the front of the bell. It also has a girls face below that on the front also. I believe it is lacquered brass. It has been years since I have played it so I am not sure of the B and Bb. It has a nail file on the forth finger,left side...it has ivory keys.

Reply To Post

1. by shobud77
        (4 posts)

19 years ago

can anyone tell me what the value of the above sax is? I am thinking of selling it,but don't know what it is worth.

Reply To Post