Saxophone Forum

by kitnachi
(41 posts)
19 years ago

This is a hard one.....Solo ensemble...

Where can I find a piece fit enough to win me state in the solo ensemble contest with a Baritone Saxophone solo?? I really have been looking hard and can't find anything. lots of sixtenn notes, and if possible sounds really really cool. Oh and does anyone know where I can find a Bass saxaphone??

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

19 years ago

Re: This is a hard one.....Solo ensemble...

its hard to find a baritone sax solo. what your gonna want to do is find an alto one. a great one is lawson lundes sonata for saxophone. its got some great stuff, pretty hard(for baritone). however you are gonna need a really good piano player to accompany you.i think you can find it at sheetmusic.com

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by mojocoggo
      (97 posts)

19 years ago

I don't know of any good solo, I just make mine up. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes bass. Anywho, you can find a bass saxophone on ebay; there are 2 up right now. I find it helpful to search for this: (bass+sax,bass+saxophone). That way you will get the most results. Good luck! myshizit.z280.com/applejack

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by barimachine
        (323 posts)

19 years ago

what state and what kind of music for the most part look for college jury pieces for bari or play alto music thats what im doing right now scaramouche and the creston sonata

Reply To Post

1. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

search for a song called "Long Ago And Far Away" That has a space for a solo that is for Bari sax specifically. My brother just played that solo in band and it sounds great!

Reply To Post