Saxophone Forum

by moniqueman0284
(1 post)
19 years ago

New Classical Mouthpiece

Im looking for a nice classical mouthpiece for my new Monique Pro Series saxophone. I really like the Selmer S90, and i like the looks of the Crystal mouthpieces? Has anyone played on the crystal ones, what do they sound Like? If you have any suggestions please help.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Tully
    (49 posts)

19 years ago

Re: New Classical Mouthpiece

I've never played a crystal mouthpiece, but I would imagine that if they were any good, people would play them. Keep in mind that I really don't know, so take what I say here with a grain of salt.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by phathorn
      (165 posts)

19 years ago

no real experience with crystal pieces, I would also recommend the Vandoren pieces. Very warm and even response...

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

19 years ago

Here's a picture of a mouthpiece that I think goes particulary well with the Moniques... www.fotosearch.com/IMG309/01020023

Reply To Post

2. by senior
      (23 posts)

19 years ago

I play alto sax and use a Eugene Rousseau 4R classical mouthpiece. It is the best classical mouthpiece I have found. Mouthpieces are a very personal choice, so what works for me may not be the best choice for you. When I want to be brighter and more jazzy, I use a Jody jazz 6. I also play clarinet and use a pomarico crystal saphire B mouthpiece with a Vandoren Optimum ligature. The down side first. If you bump or drop it, it's done. End of mouthpiece. The up side, If you get a good one, you will never find a mouthpiece with a cleaner more resposive tone. I am so sold on crystal that I am thinking of getting one for my Alto sax. If you go with crystal, always have a backup piece close at hand. One mistake and good-by crystal.

Reply To Post

1. by jaggtagg7
        (40 posts)

19 years ago

yeah, i am about to go classical alto and soprano moutpiece shopping. what r some goods ones to test besides selmer, vandoren.... ? btw alto=YAS-23, soprano=Antigua 586

Reply To Post AIM