Saxophone Forum

by luispa
(2 posts)
7 years ago

G-REEDS came to set a new standard

Hi saxophone fellows,

I'm a saxophone.org member since a long time ago but this is my first post here. I want to share y new product with you. I'm the founder and owner of G-REEDS

After more than two years of intensive development work we finally got a reed which fulfill our initial requirements. Our reeds are available in 4 different models in strengths between #1.0 and #4.5.

Website has lots of information http://www.g-reeds.com/

We also have a Facebook fan page:https://www.facebook.com/gereeds/

I have recordings made with different models which help to hear the differences between models.

I don't know if this is the right subforum for communicating this.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

7 years ago

Re: G-REEDS came to set a new standard

Very interesting! What is the basic concept behind your reed? Other major brand reed companies have great reeds but the consistency is always suspect. Where do you source your cane? Do you own your own cane fields? Are they French or Argentinian or elsewhere?  How do you prepare and treat your cane? Are you using digital calibration to ensure consistency? I'm very curious and would love to hear more about your product. Thanks!!! 

Cheers,
    Mark Overton
    www.saxquest.com  

Reply To Post

1. by luispa
      (2 posts)

7 years ago

Re: G-REEDS came to set a new standard

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest. The basic concept behind our reed is "reed geometry is the most important thing because you can make different materials sound as expected with the right geometry". We developed a software which makes easy to define geometries. This gives us the chance to use almost every material.There's another concept which is important for us: "the reed should be something which help us to focus in playing beautiful music instead keep fighting with unplayable reeds". As you can see in the picture our reeds are made of a synthetic material which is FDA approved for food contact. Manufacturing process is done with machines with a theorical resolution of 0.001mm but in the real life we are working with 0.005-0.01 resolution which allows to produce consistent reeds, also every reed is controlled by measuring three key points.

Reply To Post