Saxophone Forum

by musickman
(10 posts)
19 years ago

Sax Humor

I've noticed in these message threads that Sax players tend to have a sense of humor (albeit a rather warped one in some cases!). You got a sax joke or funny sax story? Let me hear it! And the lead off joke is: Q: What is the difference between Kenny G and a machine gun? A: G only repeats 10 times per second.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Sax Humor

You've got Hitler, Saddam, and an oboeist in a room, and a gun with two bullets, who do you shoot? the oboeist, twice just to make sure!! A first violinist, a second violinist, a virtuoso violist, and a bass player are at the four corners of a football field. At the signal, someone drops a 100 dollar bill in the middle of the field and they run to grab it. Who gets it? The second violinist, because: 1. No first violinist is going anywhere for only 100 dollars. 2. There's no such thing as a virtuoso violist. 3. The bass player hasn't figured out what it's all about

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

How do you know when a drum riser is level? When The drummer drools out of both sides of his mouth! What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless! Why is a bassoon better than an oboe? The bassoon burns longer Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from the clarinet section. How many alto sax players does it take to change a lightbulb? Five. One to change the bulb and four to contemplate how David Sanborn would have done it. What's the difference between a baritone saxophone and a chain saw? The exhaust. The soprano, not being smart enough to use birth control, says to her saxophophonist lover, "Honey, I think you better pull out now." He replies, "Why? Am I sharp?" What's the difference between trumpet players and government bonds? Government bonds eventually mature and earn money. What's the range of a tuba? Twenty yards if you've got a good arm! How do you know when a drummer is knocking at your door? The knock speeds up or slows down. Did you hear about the time the bass player locked his keys in the car? It took two hours to get the drummer out. What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine? With a drum machine you only have to punch the information in once. What do a vacuum cleaner and an electric guitar have in common. Both suck when you plug them in. How many bass players does it take to change a lightbulb? None. They let the keyboard player do it with his left hand. Don't bother. Just leave it out--no one will notice. One, but the guitarist has to show him first. Six: one to change it, and the other five to fight off the lead guitarists who are hogging the light If you drop an accordion, a set of bagpipes and a viola off a 20-story building, which one lands first? Who cares? What do you call a band of topless female accordian players? Ladies in Pain Why do bagpipe players walk while they play? To get away from the noise. What do you engrave on a blues singer's tombstone? "I didn't wake up this morning..." What's the difference between a puppy and a singer-songwriter? Eventually the puppy stops whining. How many punk-rock musicians does it take to change a light bulb? Two: One to screw in the bulb and the other to smash the old one on his forehead. A conductor and a clarinetist are standing in the middle of the road. which one do you run over first, and why? The conductor. Business before pleasure. How is a conductor like a condom? It's safer with one, but more fun without! St. Peter's still checking ID's. He asks a man, "What did you do on Earth?" The man says, "I was a doctor." St. Peter says, "Ok, go right through those pearly gates. Next! What did you do on Earth?" "I was a school teacher." "Go right through those pearly gates. Next! And what did you do on Earth?" "I was a musician." "Go around the side, up the freight elevator, through the kitchen..."

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by eman19
        (131 posts)

19 years ago

Why did God give drummers more brains then horses? So they wouldn't take a sh*t in the middle of the parade

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

You may be a redneck saxophonist if... ...you have an old bass sax up on blocks in your front yard. ...you spell it "saxaphone." ...you think the bell of your instrument is a great place to hold a longneck during a gig. ...the gun rack in your pickup truck holds a couple of old Buescher sopranos. ...you think that Boots Randolph is the greatest Jazz musician who ever lived.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Definition of perfect pitch: Throwing a Bundy alto in a toilet at 20 yards without hitting the rim!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

3. by Spike
          (248 posts)

19 years ago

what's the difference between a sax and a lawnmower? vibrato. didn't i start a thread like this like a year ago?

Reply To Post

4. by dfwsaxdude
          (8 posts)

19 years ago

Q: What's the difference between a bari sax and a lawn mower? A1: Vibrato! A2: You can tune the lawn mower! A3: Your neighbor dosen't get PO'd if you don't return the bari sax! Q: What do you call 20,000 saxophones at the bottom of the ocean? A: A good start!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

5. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Q: What do you call 20,000 saxophones at the bottom of the ocean? A: A good start if they're SELMER BUNDY'S!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

6. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

No offense to Boots. I seen him in concert once when I was about 10 years old and he was fantastic!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by The_§ax
        (147 posts)

19 years ago

I loved the St. Peter one. I bet we can all relate to that!!!

Reply To Post

1. by TANGO SIX ONE
          (255 posts)

19 years ago

Kenny can play a Saxophone.Ha Ha ha ha,this is the knights Templars favorite (Bird Lives)

Reply To Post

2. by TANGO SIX ONE
          (255 posts)

19 years ago

The knights templar meant, kenny G is a sax player , ha ha ha ha ha ha.Thats got to be one of the best ever.(Bird lives)

Reply To Post

3. by spifster
          (67 posts)

19 years ago

What's the difference between a sax player and a pizza? A pizza can feed a family of four.

Reply To Post