Saxophone Forum

by spifster
(67 posts)
19 years ago

Mpc for King Zephyr

Hahaha, for those who remember my forum on the zephyr, now that it's mine I need a new mouthpiece for it. Right now I'm on an old meyer 7 that I found in another case, but the intonation stinks on it and it tends to be very thin above the octave. I am mainly an alto player so the difference in air support may make a difference, but getting back on track I really need a new piece to play on this horn.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Mpc for King Zephyr

The Kings are a lot like the Conns when it comes to mouthpieces, only maybe not quite as fussy. They like a large chamber mouthpiece with a fairly long shank. The Rico Royal Graftonite mouthpieces work well, and they're cheap! The Otto Link Tone Edge hard rubber piece would be a good choice also. I use a Tone Edge on alto.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Try a Runyon Custom, great piece for the Zephyr. Jim's suggestions are also great, but Kings often really Kick some tail with a Berg Larsen, preferably a steel one

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by spifster
        (67 posts)

19 years ago

Fascinating. I've heard great things about the Runyon Custom. I play a tone edge on my alto also. Is the tenor model a lot like the alto? Because if it is, I may just go right out and buy it.

Reply To Post

1. by spifster
          (67 posts)

19 years ago

What about the Link New York tenor pieces? I heard some interesting things about them...

Reply To Post