Saxophone Forum

by O_o
(9 posts)
12 years ago

Shallow Pad Holders

I have a vintage Holton and I am in the process of repairing the pads. The holders where the pads go are very shallow. They don't look like they could hold modern pads without them sticking out. I was wondering if there is anyway to replace the pads with modern one's, or will i have to custom order the pads? The pads on there now are a yellow felt like cotton (I'm guessing original). After looking it over and comparing it to some more of my recent horns I realised that they holders where very shallow and the pads would hang over. Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse


  1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

    12 years ago

    Re: Shallow Pad Holders

    check out music medic i think it's called on the web the have pretty much any kind of pad you need in varied thickness. they sold me a whole set for a buescher 400 all tapped for the snap ins. you do need to measure with a caliper the size of the cups and be accurate the pad must fit perfect. improper thickness with not allow the pad to seat properly. you can go to sax gourmet to see articles on repair. good luck.

    Reply To Post