Saxophone Forum

by kitnachi
(41 posts)
19 years ago

pocket sax

I saw them but like what do they do, will a tenor pocket sax sound like a tenor, how are they differen't other than size.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sonny_Rollins
    (18 posts)

19 years ago

Re: pocket sax

A pocket sax? That sounds like a toy. Maybe people play pocket saxes in the circus? Does anyone know if this is true, if people play pocket saxes in the circus? Please respond!!!!!

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Yes sonny, pocket saxes are very popular in the circus. But only clowns like you play them! The pocket saxes are great for irritating people and pets, but as a musical instrument.....they are about as practical as a kazoo.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by mega band geek
        (60 posts)

19 years ago

My mom bought me one for my B-Day last year. The fingerings can be odd, and it doesn't sound exactly like a sax. Does have a reedy sound though, and a pretty good range (low C to high C if my memory is correct). It can be fun to play at times, haven't touched mine in a few months though.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

The pocket sax is the best thing ever invented to annoy cats! All i have to do is grab mine and they run under the bed! They HATE it!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by saxman0317
          (53 posts)

19 years ago

anyone got any pics of this thing?!....if you do please email it to me!....email in profile

Reply To Post AIM

3. by kitnachi
          (41 posts)

19 years ago

Really?? cause even playing any sax they run in fear and I am pretty good at it. Maybe all cats have a phobea to it.

Reply To Post AIM

4. by Sonny_Rollins
          (18 posts)

19 years ago

No.... it's ANY instrument. My cat just hates loud noices in general. That and the animal control van.

Reply To Post