Saxophone Forum

by jessica
(13 posts)
19 years ago

Indiana brand saxophone

Hello I am trying to find out some more information on the Indiana brand saxophone. Made in Elkhart, Indiana. Has an indian with headdress engraved on the bell. We are looking to sell it and just want to get an idea of the history and a fair asking price.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Indiana brand saxophone

Hi Jessica. The Indiana was made by Martin. It was their second line, kind of like the Conn Pan American. They were nice horns. Most of them were made in the Mid 1920'a thru the 1930's. The price really depends on the condition. With a good clean-up and an overhaul, they're worth $900-$1100 for an alto, $1000-$1250 for a tenor. A complete horn without any dents or damage needing an overhaul is worth $150-$250.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by gramboo
    (1 post)

19 years ago

Hi, I had a question also about the Indiana Saxaphone. I have one I would like to sell. This one does not have the Indian design just some engraving of leaves , stems with a 40406 number on the back. It states The Indiana by Martin Elkhardt. When checking on ebay them go anywhere from 30.00 to 200.00 can you give some advice? Thanks!

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

The price really depends on the condition. If the saxophone is in good, playable condition, it should be worth $400-$500. If it has no dings or dents, and only needs a good cleaning and pads, it should be worth $150-$200. They're not particularly valuable, but they are a good playing horn.

Reply To Post Yahoo!