Saxophone Forum

by parvecchio
(1 post)
19 years ago

Gabriel's Buffett Evette Schaffer

Hi, I would be grateful for some information. My grandson Gabriel is entering 7th grade and a few years ago began with an alto Evette Schaeffer. The case and mouthpiece are marked Buffett. The serial number is 25749. If this is significant, all stops are mother of pearl. Does this sax have vintage value? He has since moved to tenor sax. Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Gabriel's Buffett Evette Schaffer

According to Dr. Rick's serial number list, that serial number date's this horn to 1976 (www.drrick.com/bufsax.html I actually thought it might be older. Buffet and Evette Schafer are the same company. I'm really not all that familiar with Buffet saxophones, but they make a good sax, and the best clarinets that money can buy. Is it in pretty good condition? I'm sure it's probably worth a few hundred dollars at least.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by selmer 4evr
      (309 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Gabriel's Buffett Evette Schaffer

Is this horn a superdynaction, or an S1 or S3?? Or is it an evette,,,,, if evette and you intend to play jazz fine if classical stay away the evette is a better sounding horn than a yamaha intermediate but intonation is touchy

Reply To Post

1. by selmer 4evr
        (309 posts)

19 years ago