Saxophone Forum

by crpdragracing
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Hello everyone!

Carlos and am new in town. Guys and gals and kids. A friend of mine gave me a sax that I almost put in the trash as soon as I saw it. After removing all the trash around, find out that is a "The Buezcher Elkart" #154944 low pitch true tone and It will needs complete restoration. Any cost numbers out of the top of your head? I want to know if is worth it. My father,now 92, use to play French Horn back in the 20's in school band. My oldest son plays the French Horn also and my youngest plays the trombone. I use to play the timbales, congas and bongos but these instruments don't create melody. Now that I found this "Melody Designer" It give me the chance to learn not only something new but go crazy. I really appreciate your input in what should I do.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Hello everyone!

Here in the states when we get horns, the usual expectation is to spend up to around $400 US to get it in top playing condition. Depending on who does the work though, it can be signifigantly cheaper though. For the Buescher though, it is totally worth it

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by crpdragracing
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Bingo! I've got the right answer. Thank you very much!

Reply To Post

2. by dirk-lo
    (11 posts)

19 years ago

Those old Buechers are great horns. Get it to a shop. Totally worth it. Eric :-)

Reply To Post AIM ICQ