Saxophone Forum

by wbsmith89
(1 post)
19 years ago

Best tenor ligature?

Hi, I have an otto link 7 metal mouthpiece for my tenor and the ligature that came with the mouthpiece seems to tighten and tilt towards one side of the reed. I was wondering a couple things, Is the tilting towards one side of the reed normal? Is it going to affect the sound? Is there a better ligature for the otto link 7 than the stock one? Is it worth the money to get a new lig? Thanks for all your help and hope to see you around the boards. Thanks, Will

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan88
    (318 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Best tenor ligature?

Can you try out ligs? If so, try out all the Rovner's, Vandoren Optimum, some BG's, Francois Louis, Consoli Ramplig (I think I got that right), Charles Bay, and one or two others that are worth checking into. I play on Rovner Darks and I can't complain!

Reply To Post

1. by phathorn
      (165 posts)

19 years ago

Both the ramplig and the Olegature work well on the Link

Reply To Post

2. by llehctiMnairB
    (18 posts)

19 years ago

I use a selmer ligature and i find it works a lot better than the stock.

Reply To Post AIM

3. by tenormadness
    (6 posts)

19 years ago

For the past 6 months I've been using a Selmer silver ligature-- to me, it works much better that the stock Link lig-- better seal between reed and mouthpiece-- I've found less sqeaking with the same reeds [Hemkes]. You should try as many as you can to see what sounds best to you. Good luck.

Reply To Post