Saxophone Forum

by LFR
(4 posts)
6 years ago

How to sell a saxophone: Suggestions?

Hi,

My first post here.  We are trying to figure out how to sell several saxophones my son used to play.  We have three saxophones which have been in cases for about ten years.  They are:

1. Selmer Mark IV Silver serial 58343 with F# with the original neck piece.

2. Selmer Series III Soprano lacquer 554649 with two neck pieces (not sure what they are called).

3. Cannonball 1998 Copper Alto

We are going to get them cleaned but have no idea how to figure out what they are worth or where to post them. Not a big fan of Ebay.  I bought them for my son and know the first two are worth more than the Cannonball, in particular the silver alto which we bought from his instructor Michael Cates.

We are going to get them professionally cleaned, is it worth repadding? 

Appreciate any suggestions.  When I figure out how I will add some pictures.  The Soprano is like brand new, not a mark on it.  The Mark IV has been played but no dents or physical damage other than you would expect from a 1955 saxophone.

Appreciate suggestions. 

LFR

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

6 years ago

Re: How to sell a saxophone: Suggestions?

All three are what I consider upper end instruments.

Depending on where you are in the world, the best thing to do is get your information to the musicians that are looking for them. Craigslist always works well on upper end horns priced correctly.

Retail sellers looking for these type of used horns are

Saxquest, USA horns, PM winds, Tenor Madness.

Just google them for contact. They will give you a fair price, but they will want to resell and make a profit. They all do their own work to make them paly wonderfully.

There is a trading post on this site also.

Good Luck

Reply To Post