Saxophone Forum

by BlackSax15
(6 posts)
19 years ago

Which Mouthpiece For Yanagisawa 9930 Alto?

I recently bought a Yanagisawa 9930 alto , and want some ideas on which mouthpieces to begin looking at as I go around trying new ones out. Which ones for jazz, which for classical? Previously, I used a metal otto link super tonemaster 6, but I don't think its working for me anymore. Any suggestions?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by senior
    (23 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Which Mouthpiece For Yanagisawa 9930 Alto?

I also play a Yani alto. I use a Eugene Rousseau 4R for classical music and a Jody Jazz Classic 6 for everything else.

Reply To Post

1. by BlackSax15
      (6 posts)

19 years ago

what can anyone tell me about personal experiences with beechler metal, vandoren jazz, phil barone, meyer, and ridenour mothpieces?

Reply To Post

1. by senior
        (23 posts)

19 years ago

In my box of mouthpieces there is a phil Barone. I found it to be free bowing, lowd and with a little edge. It is a first rate mouthpiece, but not the sound I want. If this is the sound you want, then it might fit your style of playing.

Reply To Post

1. by phathorn
          (165 posts)

19 years ago

Too bad that the Barone isn't a tenor piece, or I would have tried to work a deal on it....

Reply To Post

2. by Roccosm
        (113 posts)

18 years ago

Sir I have a Yani Primo T 40 can You tell Me the year of this Horn? or have You ever heard of this model,,I will say I like it aswell as My M6 Tenor....thank's I have been tru=ying to find out about the horn for year's.. I cant seem to get any info from Yani..great Horn's?? also is the 9930 the top line of Yani??

Reply To Post