Saxophone Forum

by The_§ax
(147 posts)
19 years ago

Francois Louis Ligature

Who has played on this ligature? What did you think of it? Do you reccommend it? I am thinking of purchasing one, but first i would like your opinion.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Peepin728
    (17 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Francois Louis Ligature

I have this ligature for alto, and I absolutely love it. I haven't tried it on tenor or bari, but from what I've heard it's damn good for them too. It's a pretty bright lig, and it really opens up your sound compared to other ligatures. The only problem I have with it is sometimes it's difficult to line up the reed with the ligature and the mouthpiece. But besides that, I love it and if you want an awesome jazz sound, get it. I hope I could help. -Dave

Reply To Post

2. by JazzMan1234
    (8 posts)

18 years ago

I have this ligature and its great, it opened up my sound a lot which really helped my jazz playing, it can be kind of odd fitting on certain mouthpieces but thats nothing to worry about, it still works fine, i highly recommend this lig.

Reply To Post

1. by Mlenox
      (36 posts)

18 years ago

I wanted to get more of the high overtones into my sound and it really did the trick. I guess it depends on if you want a brighter sound. Definatly worth the money.

Reply To Post

3. by shermanator5156
    (2 posts)

18 years ago

definately a great lig, even made my stuffy, hard rubber mouthpieces open up. My reeds last about twice as long. It is a bit hard to line it up perfectly, but it doesnt really need to be. People who dont know about it could make fun of it because it looks like you built it, and if you ever drop it, you could have a problem. It is still the best ligature i have ever played on.

Reply To Post