Saxophone Forum

by The_Gub
(2 posts)
5 years ago

Selmer La Voix II case

Four years ago, in freshman year of high school, Ibought a Selmer La Voix II. The sax came With a soft legged case that closed via zipper. Now Four years later, and a freshman in college, I was about to pull out my sax for the first time since graduating to play some jazz with a friend. When I went to unzip the case, I realized that both of the sliders for the zipper were missing. I mean there’s literally no way to open the case without possibly damaging either the case or the sax. I was wondering if a.) anybody knows a trick for getting it open or b.) if anybody knows whether or not selmer would replace the case. Anything you have would be great, thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mijderf
    (282 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Selmer La Voix II case

Do you mean that the pulls for the sliders are missing?  If the sliders were gone, the zipper would not stay engaged.  If it is just the pulls, slide the zipper open with a needle nose pliers and consider replacing the pulls (you can buy zipper parts).  

If the the sliders are missing, then either your upper or lower stops are missing.  If the lower stop is missing, you should be able to go to the lower stop area and just pull the zipper open.  If the lower stop is in place, you may have to remove it first.  Here is a diagram of zipper construction and directions for replacing a missing slider:
    parts of a zipper diagram
    https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-Zipper-when-the-Slider-Has-Come-Off-Completely

However, I would recommend that you consider purchasing a new case.  There are some good cases out there that will not break the bank.

Reply To Post

1. by The_Gub
      (2 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Selmer La Voix II case

Okay. I believe the lower stop is missing so I will try to get it open that way. I’ll also look into finding a different case. Thanks so much!

Reply To Post