Saxophone Forum

by StkFrdRce
(2 posts)
5 years ago

Picking a sax

I am trying to pick out a sax I'm going to keep for most of my life and I really want a black and gold one so I have these picked but I need help deciding which one is better. Yamaha YAS-82ZII CST Z ALTO SAX Black Lacquer vs Selmer SAS280 La Voix II Alto Saxophone Outfit Black Nickel

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Picking a sax

The Yamaha..........

Reply To Post

2. by RobertD
    (73 posts)

5 years ago

I've been playing brass for decades, saxophone for less than a year. Looking for a horn for life, between those two horns, I'd go with the Yamaha.

The Selmer is a Taiwanese-made Selmer, not French-made. Many instrument makers are stenciling Taiwanese horns these days and they're decent horns. I play an Eastman alto sax and it's an excellent instrument.

Yamaha instruments are made by Yamaha. I've played Yamaha brass and a few Yamaha nylon string guitars. They have some of the best product development and quality control in the industry that has led to an impeccable reputation for quality across their entire product line.

Maybe someone with more experinece on Yamaha horns can chime in but my choice for a lifetime horn would be the Yamaha.

Reply To Post

1. by StkFrdRce
      (2 posts)

5 years ago

Thank you very much I have only played a Yamaha and not a summer before so I just wanted to see if there was a huge difference I should look out for

Reply To Post