Saxophone Forum

by Vesper
(9 posts)
19 years ago

Mouthpiece for a Conn 10M

Hi there, my new 10M is due to arrive on Monday!! Question is, what kind of mpc do I need. This will be my first horn in 7 years. In Highschool I played lead Tenor on my directors SA80 with a 7* Rubber Otto Link. It worked well at the time, not sure now since I havn't played since then, and I no longer have that mpc. I am going to be playing jazz only in the community jazz band. I obviously won't have first chair for a few years, but I would like to set up like I will if it makes a difference. I am looking for a warm smokey tone, Lester Young style. What sort of piece's should I be looking to try? Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece for a Conn 10M

Conn 10M's are VERY picky when it comes to mouthpieces. You need a fairly long shank and a large open chambered piece. I recently purchased a Jody Jazz ESP for my Conn 10M and this piece fits the horn very well. I spoke with Jody, who also plays a Conn 10M, and he specifically designed this piece to work with the Conn 10M! I had been using a vintage Link for years, and it also sounds very good, but the Jody works even better! They're a little pricey, but the quality is exceptional. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Vesper
      (9 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece for a Conn 10M

Thanks Jim, your full of info. You should post your IM address and charge a monthly support rate :)

Reply To Post