Saxophone Forum

by IngeD
(2 posts)
5 years ago

Old saxophone identification

hello there,
i am new so please be gentle (but honest!).
my son is starting saxophone classes soon. He is VERY exited.
a kind friend said she had a saxophone in her loft when I told her about his plans. I cannot find any info on the saxophone online so I thought I would as here. It is a silver colour, has some type of design on the horn, states “Adolphe” in curly letters and the number 02695.
i am worried it might need a lot of work and might not be the best instrument for a beginner. Any thoughts appreciated. 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mijderf
    (282 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Old saxophone identification

The horn doesn't look too old.  According to the Adolphe Sax and Cie webpage, the rights to this old brand of saxophones was purchased by a saxophone technician named Karel Goetghebeur in 2012.  That would explain the relatively low serial number, yet the new look and styling to the horn.  I do see that it appears to be missing a touch pearl on the lower stack.  I do not know how well these horns are made or how well they hold up.

Reply To Post

1. by IngeD
      (2 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Old saxophone identification

Thank you so much. We still have the touch pearl so that could be fixed too. There is a little “dink” in the saxophone at the back so it is definitely not in immaculate condition. However, for a child it might be better if it is not “precious” to start with...

Reply To Post