Saxophone Forum

by saxmanT
(12 posts)
19 years ago

Hi

Hello, I am an alto/ tenor/ bari player. I've been playing for about 25yrs. I play lead in Rich Simcox Big Band, lead in the CHS Alumni band, I have 2 combos I am in and also play with the Mainstreet Jazz Band in Urbana (whatever they need...lol). I have played in many combos and bands over the years. I majored in Music Ed and Jazz Performance at Capital University Conservitory of Music. Play jazz, blues, older rock, some country (yep...I said it.....lol), and other various styles. Hope to learn some stuff on here and maybe have some questions answered. Thanks! Todd

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Hi

Hi Todd, Welcome to the forum.

Reply To Post

1. by saxmanT
      (12 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks. Seems like a nice forum, friendly people. Look forward to meeting and talking with the members.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

19 years ago

It is a good forum, but you will see some not-so-friendly posts, too. You can take that as a friendly warning! :-) Welcome. I look forward to your participation.

Reply To Post

1. by saxmanT
          (12 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I try to get along with everyone, but there are always those few individuals that are mad at the world..... I look forward to meeting some new people, learning some new info, and hopefully have some questions answered. 'Til next time.... Thanks again!

Reply To Post

2. by EL Seano
        (255 posts)

19 years ago

Hey Mr. Todd, I have a question for you. In these bands that you play in, do any of them require that you double on flute, clarinet or any other instrument than sax? I just noticed that you stated all the saxes you play, but nothing about any other wind instruments. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. My name's Sean :-)

Reply To Post

1. by saxmanT
          (12 posts)

18 years ago

Yes, a couple do. I play some flute, but not much clarinet. We have a tenor player who is a clarinet guru in one band. He covers that part while I play his, if there are 5 parts. Some are only 4 parts charts. I have a soprano that I will use to cover any other clarinet part I need to in any of the other groups. I know, that is the easy way out, doesn't have to same quality, but it's the only thing I can do. I had to learn some doubling of both in college, but never really enjoyed it. Then I burned out in music, left after 3 years at Capital, and sold every horn I had (included two MK Vi's cheap!) and quit playing for almost 3 years. I realized I missed playing, got a couple horns and started getting the chops back. Never really have worked on the licorice stick though. Thanks for the wlecome......lol Todd

Reply To Post

1. by cjbass
            (14 posts)

18 years ago

At least it only took you only 3 years :), it took me 10 years realize that I really missed playing sax and now I'm back in school doing a performance/education major. Welcome to the forum. Cheers Chris

Reply To Post

1. by saxmanT
              (12 posts)

18 years ago

At least you are going back....funny how we realize how important music is in our lives once it's gone. Best of luck! Thanks for the welcome. T

Reply To Post

2. by hannh
              (4 posts)

18 years ago

hello how are you??

Reply To Post

3. by hannh
              (4 posts)

18 years ago

hello how are you??