Saxophone Forum

by t.navrkal23
(3 posts)
5 years ago

Looking to buy Cannonball Tenor: Need Help!

I am currently playing on a school bari sax and I feel that I am ready to advance my musical career by purchasing my own sax. I personally like the sound of a tenor better than a bari. I like playing Bari in concert band, but for solos, ensembles, and all state, I think I would have more motivation to practice a tenor simply because I like the sound better. I am also interested in a tenor because of the cost for a bari. I have a part time job and have started to save up to buy a new Cannonball. My parents will not be able to help me that much, but may be able to pitch in a few hundred dollars. Here are the questions I have: How much does a new Cannonball tenor run? If I get it custom made, how long does it take? Is there a down payment for getting a custom made sax and how much? If I want to have it by the end of marching band season (probably October"ish"), how soon will I have to place the custom order? If you have any other tips for saving money or purchasing a Cannonball, please feel free to comment. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Looking to buy Cannonball Tenor: Need Help!

If it's for marching band, get something cheap and durable like a used Selmer Bundy or Yamaha YTS-21 or 23.  Then save up for the horn you really want without the time pressure.  What's wrong with a stock production horn?

Reply To Post

1. by t.navrkal23
      (3 posts)

5 years ago

I am not planning to use it for marching band. I will likely still rent a school instrument to keep my new one protected from the elements and the potential damage. I was saying I want to have it around the end of marching band season because we do not start concert or jazz band until then.

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
        (842 posts)

5 years ago

I'm sure Cannonball or one of their dealers would be happy to answer your questions.

Reply To Post

2. by RyanCannonball
      (45 posts)

5 years ago

You can order a custom Cannonball with your choice of premium engraving, stones, etc. through your local music store that carries Cannonball. If you haven't seen the new hand engravings, check out Cannonball's Instagram or Facebook - there are are lot of options!

Reply To Post