Saxophone Forum

by CoolestMan
(3 posts)
5 years ago

1946 Conn Naked lady

Im hoping I can get some clarification from you experts out there. I have a (I think) 1946 Conn 6M Naked lady. The serial number is 320879 and has a E on top and a L below the serial number. It hasn't been relacuquerd and it is in excellent condition. It plays and sounds outstandingly. I don't know the best way to maintain the finish. I use it my highschool band and wonder if i should even take it to such a place (besides concerts). I've been looking online for a similare one thats not in as good condition to take to school. I've seen VIII on some of them that are a little older and I want to know the differnce.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

5 years ago

Re: 1946 Conn Naked lady

There is a museum tab in the upper left corner of this page. There is then a conn tab. Then look under the horns in your serial number range and that tells you what you have. 

The VIII refers to one single person at Conn who was a legendary saxophone set up person. Only the best examples have the VIII. At least that is the legend behind the marking.

I justed edited this post. I misread originally and thought it was a relack. I see now it isn't.

Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by CoolestMan
      (3 posts)

5 years ago

Reply To Post

2. by CoolestMan
      (3 posts)

5 years ago

Thanks very much

Original Quote:
      "There is a museum tab in the upper left corner of this page. There is then a conn tab. Then look under the horns in your serial number range and that tells you what you have. 

Reply To Post