Saxophone Forum

by needlefile
(2 posts)
5 years ago

Unknown Selmer Bundy Tenor Saxophone model

I have recently decided to sell one of my saxophones, which I bought about ten years ago from a guy in Melbourne, Australia.  To better inform potential buyers, I decided to do some research on it.  I have so far been unable to find a similar instrument.

From the pictures I have seen, the design appears to pre-date the "Balanced Action" models from Selmer having the last two holes in the bell and their associated actions and works on the lefthand side of the instrument next to the player's body.  The cage protecting these mechanisms is not like any of the others I have been able to find.

Even more perplexingly, the serial number that is stamped on to the body of the instrument is a six-figure number, 523144, that would put it amongst the most recent instruments, which it patently is not.  I have just noticed that under the logo on the bell in small letters is USA, so maybe it came out from North America instead of Europe?

I am thinking 1970 post Buescher.  Does anyone have any ideas about this particular saxophone? 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Unknown Selmer Bundy Tenor Saxophone model

This is a student horn made by Selmer USA in the 1970s.

It is worth about 300 bucks.

Selmer USA has nothing to do with Selmer Paris, who makes professional horns.

Good Luck

Reply To Post

1. by needlefile
      (2 posts)

5 years ago

Thanks for the information.  It seems that the Berg Larsen mouthpiece might be the most valuable part of it!

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
        (644 posts)

5 years ago

Not in my opinion. I'd pass on the mouthpiece and take the tenor.

It makes a nice duck call.

Reply To Post