Saxophone Forum

by whatever
(9 posts)
19 years ago

silver tarnshes...

Hey everybody, I just got back my silver conn from bein overhauled(w/o any buffing or re-plateing) and it looks and plays as if it were brand new! The only problem with it is that when-ever I touch it it seems to tarnish. I am afraid its gonna be black by next week! In band we play sometimes with white gloves and it lileratly turns the gloves black! I just bought a new case for it and i was wondering if i could line it with anti-tarnish "silver cloth". I know my grandmother wraps all of her sliver dishes in it and it works really well. Since my sax is vintage it doesnt have any type of laquer-finish to prevent it from tarnishing. Does anyone else have this problem? If so what do you reccomend? I would also like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to those people who helped me before. I have totally changed my mind about the saxophone, before my parents had to Force me to play it, now i cant put it down.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: silver tarnshes...

You can put anti-tanish strips in the case and this will slow it down but it will tarnish over time. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
      (586 posts)

19 years ago

Re: silver tarnshes...

johnsons wax! I'm serious. Just apply a layer of this on the horn ever so often and you should be fine.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM