Saxophone Forum

by ALinPA15
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Need info on Conn Sax!

I read some other entries on this forum and have somewhat of an idea. But I would like to know if someone would give me more info.? I know next to nothing about musical instruments. I was given a C. C. Conn Ltd. in original case. Patent # 119954. Below is C with serial# 56779 with an L at the bottom. I don't notice any dents or anything. But it will need refinishing (I think). I'd like to know what year it is and apprx. value. Thank you for any help you can give. --Allen

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by wondersax
    (3 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Need info on Conn Sax!

ALpinPA15 take a look at Margeret Downie Banks Homepage you'll find all the info on your conn sax there.

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

19 years ago

www.usd.edu/~mbanks Thats the address of the sit mentioned in the other post. Her list of serial numbers puts your horn as manufactured in 1920. Should be a pretty good horn. As to value, I don't know, but this site offers appraisals for (I believe) $25. Click on the "free trading" button above, then look in the left-hand column for appraisals.

Reply To Post

1. by ALinPA15
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Thank you for your help and time. You guys have given me some really good information.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

It's a 1920 Conn C Melody saxophone. The later ones (1922 and after) with the straight microtuner neck are the most valuable, but they're only worth about $900 in excellent condition. C Melodies are neat horns, and they're starting to become popular among collectors, but they're not particularly valuable.

Reply To Post Yahoo!