Saxophone Forum

by lubatico
(1 post)
4 years ago

High F leaking on Bari

Hello.
The high F on my Bari is leaking just a bit, but since it is so high on the neck, 1/3 of the horn is out of wack. Leaving in NY, I don't have a car and really don't want to lug that huge thing through crowded subways and stairs for such a small fix.

Is there a way to (safely) bend or adjust the high F just a little, so it seals properly? 
Many thanks in advance
LP

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

4 years ago

Re: High F leaking on Bari

It is an easy fix. Never bend anything that has not been bent in the first place.

You could remove the key and adjust the strength on the spring for that key.

You could use a heat gun to soften up the glue, slightly moving the pad to a better sealed position.

Replace the pad.

Even these minor adjustments make me nervous in the hands of someone that has no idea what they are doing.

I myself would suggest taping it closed with masking tape. Let someone who knows what they are doing work on it. High F can temporarily be avoided on Bari. How often do you need high F? About as much as you need low A.   Just put a piece of tape on the cup under the pad. No leak but no high F either.

Good Luck.

Reply To Post