Saxophone Forum

by Dwight
(3 posts)
4 years ago

Need a good case

I recently aquired a 1957 Conn model M Shooting Stars Alto with the orgional case. Unfortunataly the case is worn out and must be replaced. I have seen a wide variety of cases on line. Does anyone have any feedback on who makes a good case at a low price?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mijderf
    (282 posts)

4 years ago

Re: Need a good case

An important question is what side of the bell are the B and Bb keys located.  When you are playing the horn, are the bell keys on your left or right side?  If they are on the right side, you should have a fairly large selection of cases to choose from.  If they are on the left side, the number of cases that might fit are a lot smaller.  
    If you can respond with an answer, I might be able to suggest some. 

Reply To Post

1. by Dwight
      (3 posts)

4 years ago

Thanks for getting back back with me. The B & B flat tone holes are on the left side of the Bell. Here are a couple of pictures of the horn and the case.you can see how much room there is for the horn to bounce around in the case. Thanks again Dwight

Reply To Post

1. by mijderf
        (282 posts)

4 years ago

With the B and Bb keys on the left, your cases are more limited.  When I had my 6M, I bought a ProTec Countour case that fit it like a glove.  This is a good mid price case.  There are cheaper cases out there, but I do not know how they work with the left side keys.

If you order it from Amazon, you can always return it if there is a fit issue. 

Reply To Post

2. by Dwight
      (3 posts)

4 years ago

Thanks for getting back back with me. The B & B flat tone holes are on the left side of the Bell. Here are a couple of pictures of the horn and the case.you can see how much room there is for the horn to bounce around in the case. Thanks again Dwight

Reply To Post