Saxophone Forum

by brethydorn
(1 post)
3 years ago

Help Identifying Model of Selmer USA Tenor Sax

Hi-
Please forgive me if this should have posted to a different forum, this is my first time here. 
I have a Selmer USA tenor saxophone that was gifted to me (brand new) in the mid 90's and I have not had much chance to play it until now (used to play sax and clarinet through college, but then family and work took over). Serial #830XXX.

Some have said it is a Selmer OMEGA series 100 or 110. However, I saw a post on this forum 
https://www.saxophone.org/forum/thread/id/22698/name/Selmer+Tenor+Sax+-+Omega+or+no
indicated only the Selmer altos were branded OMEGA--not tenors. The post says that the tenor saxophone in that post (and perhaps mine?...since branding looks similar) was a Selmer USA 164 Professional Tenor Saxophone. Can someone help clarify what model my sax is?  I would be most grateful for the clarification. Thank you so much.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

3 years ago

Re: Help Identifying Model of Selmer USA Tenor Sax

All I  can suggest is entering the various model numbers you're considering into a web search and comparing the details on yours with those in whatever images may turn up (mostly on eBay listings).

Reply To Post