Saxophone Forum

by matry
(2 posts)
3 years ago

How to price Selmer Bundy saxophone

Dear Community!

I want to say hello to everyone. I'm new here.

Forgive me if my question was answered before. I was trying to find the answer, but I couldn't. I have a Selmer Bundy Tenor saxophone with serial number "108213" and I wanted to ask what model it is exactly and what is an averge market price. I would be very greateful for the answer. 

All the best to all of You!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

3 years ago

Re: How to price Selmer Bundy saxophone

The simple ball park answer is, "That is a student line instrument from the 1970s and it is worth about 400 to 600 bucks depending on the condition."

The TMI answer is, Selmer bought out the Buescher corporation and converted their instrument to the Bundy. The Buescher True Tone was made since around 1920. So, the Bundy is a stripped down cheaper version of that instrument. Keep in mind, Sonny Rollins, in his mid career, played on a Bundy Tenor, and made some legendary music on it.

In todays market, the George Bundy hard rubber mouthpiece that came with that horn are somewhat desireable and in demand. Seasoned musicians send them out to guys that will change the opening design, making it a wonderful one of a kind mouthpiece.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by matry
      (2 posts)

3 years ago

Wow, such a beautiful and rich answer, thank You so much!
      It helps a lot and additionaly enriches my knowledge. 

Thank You!

All my best,
      Mateusz

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
      (842 posts)

3 years ago

Was Rollins holding his Bundy on the cover of Sonny Rollins on Impulse?

Wayne Shorter also played a Bundy tenor when he was with Art Blakey.

My understanding is that the 1960s-70s Bundy was a twin of the Buescher Aristocrat, which since 1960 was a continuation of the Buescher Elkhart student model, itself derived from the late 1930s Aristocrat.  

Reply To Post