by SusanF
(2 posts)
2 years ago

Conn Tenor Sax and Alto Sax value

Hi!  I just spent an hour looking around this site and I believe we have:

1946 10M Naked Lady Tenor Sax 318911 L

and 

1928? New Wonder Chu Berry Alto Sax A 210722 M

How can I find out how much they are worth? And how to go about selling them?

Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

2 years ago

Re: Conn Tenor Sax and Alto Sax value

If you look under the resource tab here, there is a Saxophone Buyers Guide.
    To sell one you should be aware of what is a good thing on an instrument and what is a bad thing. That way you dont leave money on the table or think you have a jewel when it is possibly a dud.

Also on this site, there is a trading post where you can list an instrument for sale, giving the site a small portion of the sale after it sells. You can look over Saxquest listings of vintage horns for sale, getting a general feel of what a RETAIL price would be. Saxquest also takes on consignments.  Remember, you would neet to package up a horn and ship it.

CONDITION IS EVERYTHING. There are more saxophones than sax players in the world.

I myself, living in Cincinnati, OH USA, check craigslist daily for instruments for sale. I am not alone, so buyers looking for vintage horns to collect, refurbish, sell for a profit, etc are always looking for vintage horns such as yours. There is probaboly a big vintage saxophone collector/refurbisher in Canada also. Google and look around...

Ebay always works, but I can no longer stomach the cost to sell on eBay.
    I hope this helps. 

Reply To Post

1. by SusanF
      (2 posts)

2 years ago

Re: Conn Tenor Sax and Alto Sax value

It does help. Thank you for your response. "There are more saxophones than sax players in the world." Kinda sad. 

Reply To Post